Mauritius leaped 4 places, to see its business regulatory environment and the attractiveness of the jurisdiction recongised.
The World Bank report judges jurisdictions on the regulations affecting 11 areas of business life and analyses various indicators to arrive at the final classification. Among the major projects related to the ease of doing business in Mauritius, includes:
- Starting a Business: And the ease of incorporating and registering a company in one day;
- Supply of electricity: Mauritius has simplified the process to apply for connection to electricity network;
- Protecting Minority Investors: With a now mandatory good corporate governance for public companies;
- Paying taxes: The country improved its system for VAT payment and simplified procedures;
- Technology and Communication: A platform for sharing data has facilitated communication between public sector agencies
For more information,please contact Douglas Peters: email@example.com